Row Generator generated OSH script bug

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pratapsriram
Premium Member
Premium Member

Row Generator generated OSH script bug

Post by pratapsriram »

I have a sample job given by the IBM support to read a XML file using a ROW GENERATOR stage. This is the part of the OSH generated:
(
filename:string[]{cycle={value='[&filename]'}};
)

I have designed the same job by using the stages provided in my DS. This is the OSH generated:

(
filepath:string[];
)

filepath is the parameter in my job and filename is the parameter in the sample job.
Why does my generated OSH not be the same as the sample job? I have saved the sample job as a copy and then did the same and it works because of the Generated OSH matches the sample one.

Is this a bug in the DS-PX or do I need to apply a package to do this?

-MSP
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard. :D

Choose the filepath column in the Columns grid. Right click on this row in the grid and choose Edit Row from the menu.

In the properties window, please advise what you have under the Generator property.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
pratapsriram
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by pratapsriram »

Yah I followed what Ray said above and it worked like a charm. Only regret is why dont IBM have good documentation for things such as these? Who would dream that a Row generator will have such functionality as a Folder stage? Well if thats what it takes then thats what it is...

-MSP
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It IS quite well documented, in Chapter 53 (Row Generator stage) or Chapter 54 (Column Generator stage) in the Parallel Job Developer's Guide.

And you didn't follow what I said, which was "please advise". That way someone else, in future, will be able to solve this problem more quickly.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
trobinson
Participant

Post by trobinson »

I see nothing in Chapter 53 in the Parallel Job Developer's Guide that documents anything about generating filepaths. I also don't see a filepath column in the column grid of the output tab of the Row Generator stage. Ray - Can you elaborate?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The reference is to a job parameter.

And I goofed, it's "filename" not "filepath" in the OP. (I am using filepath in my work today.)