info for dynamic RDBMS

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kirankota79
Premium Member
Premium Member

info for dynamic RDBMS

Post by kirankota79 »

Hi........iam using dynamic RDBMS as a source for oracle database. I have two links going out from dynamic RDBMS stage. For each link i am using different sql queries. I want to know how i can execute a sql query for one link first and then go to the next link. i don't want both the links execute simultaneously.

any hints plzzzzzzzzz!
kris
Participant

Re: info for dynamic RDBMS

Post by kris »

kirankota79 wrote:I want to know how i can execute a sql query for one link first and then go to the next link. i don't want both the links execute simultaneously.
What you have is equal to having two different RDBMS stages in a job as sources.

If you are trying to split your process into 2 separate streams but want to have them in same JOB.
RDBMS1 ------>
RDBMS2 -------->
If you want to run one after the other one, think them as two different jobs, not sure what you are going to do after the read but you can do as below
RDBMS1 ------>[rest of the job1]---->[dummy read]------>RDBMS2 -------->[rest of the job2]
dummy read could be from a file(/dev/null) or RDBMS(select x from dual).

~kris
~Kris
kirankota79
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kirankota79 »

i want to use the output of one stream(link) as a lookup for the other stream. I know that i can do in two separate jobs.....separate jobs are not working bcoz of the huge size of the table (10 million records)...
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Sparse lookup?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kirankota79
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kirankota79 »

yes
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

I am not sure if sparse lookup is the right way to go as your data volume is huge. Are both the links originating from the same schema? If yes then you can do a sql join. If they are in different schemas then probably best to do a join using the Join stage.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.