how to kill a parallel job in windows

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kirankota79
Premium Member
Premium Member

how to kill a parallel job in windows

Post by kirankota79 »

i want to kill a job which is running on windows machine. There is nothing wrong in the job.......but i have made some mistake in transformation....so instead of allowing the whole job to run.......i want kill it and recompile then run the job again. even i hit the stop button in director....it is not stopping. Is there any other way to overcome it?

thanks in advance.......
michaeld
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by michaeld »

In windows the datastage STOP command or kill job command (in Director->Job->Cleanup resources) doesn't seem to do much. It takes just as long to stop the job as it does to let it run to completion.

What I do is I use the windows command TASKKILL to kill the OSH.exe processes that are running under my windows authentication name. If you are not using windows authentication then it is hard to see which processes are from your job. If you set APT_SHOW_PID then that would make it easier. You can also see them in Director->Job->Cleanup resources to see the process id's. Otherwise you can just kill all OSH.EXE processes if you are the only person using datastage on that Server.
Mike
kirankota79
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kirankota79 »

"cleanup resources" is not activated in my director..........what should i do to enable it?
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Go to datastage administrator and inside your project directory, go to properties and check the box that says "Enable job adminstration in Director"
Last edited by DSguru2B on Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
us1aslam1us
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by us1aslam1us »

Log on to DataStage Administrator>>Project Directory>>Properties> Check box to "Enable job adminstration in Director".
I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work.
Thomas Alva Edison(1847-1931)
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

I had director instead of administrator. Sorry about that. I fixed my previous post.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.