Regarding warnings

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

prmuttireddy
Participant

Regarding warnings

Post by prmuttireddy »

Hi,

When i was running the job it ran fine.But i has given the following Warnings.......please tell me what is problem.

brchdm_file,0: Import consumed only 7bytes of the record's 9 bytes (no further warnings will be generated from this partition)

NullHandling_AppSumm: Input dataset 0 has a partitioning method other than entire specified; disabling memory sharing.

Thanks in Adavance.

Regards,
MPR.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

What is your job design, the metadata? Also copy paste all the warning messages here.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Your input record has nine bytes but your metadata (record schema) defines only seven.

Can only guess at the second one, but it looks like you have specified - or implied through "preserve partitioning" - an explicit partitioning algorithm, so DataStage is warning you that its default (using Entire via shared memory, since you are on an SMP system) will not be possible.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
prmuttireddy
Participant

Post by prmuttireddy »

Hi Ray,

Thanks for your reply.Please tell me how to resolve those warnings.

Regards,
MPR.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Hi,
You need to check the brchdm_file stage, to find the field which has been given as length 7, where as the actual file has the value as 9 in length. If you file is with correct metadata, you need to convert the length from 7 to 9.
In the advance tab, the Preserve partiton would be by default as Clear. (Assuming it as Sequential or CFF stage), maintain it as clear.
If its not the case, in order to avoid all wild guess, pls post the Job design with all the other required details, like partition used in different stages.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

prmuttireddy wrote: Thanks for your reply.Please tell me how to resolve those warnings.
Ray already did. Kumar explained it even more. Now use info in getting your problem solved.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.