problem with oracle OCI stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kirankota79
Premium Member
Premium Member

problem with oracle OCI stage

Post by kirankota79 »

I am giving DSN name, user id and password in the oracle OCI stage. When i give the DSN name, iam getting the following error:

CTA_ASR..Oracle_OCI_8i_5: ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name
CTA_ASR..Oracle_OCI_8i_5.DSLink1: DSP.Open GCI $DSP.Open error -100.

So, i removed the DSN name and gave TNS name in the same filed...then i get the following error:

CTA_ASR..Oracle_OCI_8i_5: Table Name is a required link property for Link DSLink1
CTA_ASR..Oracle_OCI_8i_5.DSLink1: DSP.Open GCI $DSP.Open error -100.

I don't know where i have to give table name. Always the DNS field is looking for a TNS name...if i give any other thing, iam getting the first error i mentioned.

Any hints plzz........!
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Yes - for 'DNS' you need to supply a proper name from your tnsnames.ora file, just like you would for TOAD or any other tool.

You must be using User-Defined SQL to have the 'table name' be missing. Since you're not letting the stage generate the sql (and why not?) then put anything in the TABLE property - even DUAL. One way to find it is to right-click on the stage and select grid style which should make where it goes more obvious. Set it and get out, don't loiter and futz with any other properties in that mode.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers