WebService Transformer Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kamal kishore
Participant

WebService Transformer Stage

Post by kamal kishore »

Hi,

Can anyone provide me with any links, where i can get the documentation for WebService Transformer Stage, and regarding the LIBPATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH, SHLIB environment variables.

Any sought of help is appreciated..,
KAMAL
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Dont you find in Install and Upgrade?
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
kamal kishore
Participant

Post by kamal kishore »

In Install and Upgrade i couldnt find any information regarding WebService Transformer Stage.
KAMAL
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

There should have been something specific that came with the PACK itself.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kamal kishore
Participant

Post by kamal kishore »

I had installed WebService pack in both the aix and windows machine but i couldnt find any documents along with it. Please if anyone have any links for it send them.

Thanks in advance......,
KAMAL
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

The CDROM has a readme file on it. Installing the client puts a pdf document in the usual place called WSPACK_Designer.pdf. Neither of which mention any special configuration requirements for the product, btw.

Your problem may be the fact that you are using the stages in a PX job. From the Designer Guide:
Using the Web Services PACK, you can access web service operations within a DataStage Server job. Web Services PACK includes plug-in stages and added functionality in DataStage Server routines.
Emphasis mine. Perhaps a support call is in order? Or are there others here who have successfully used the PACK directly in PX jobs?
-craig

lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

Kamal,
We have been using WS PACK's Transformer stage in our parallel jobs successfully. As Craig said that WSPACK_Desinger.pdf will not tell you anything regarding how to configure the LIBPATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH, SHLIB environment variables. The only thing that we have to do is the configurations of $APT_CONFIG_FILE (we have 2, 4, 8, 16, 32 nodes) and make sure jobs use the correct configuration files.
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Kamal --- were these two separate questions? (ie..where to find doc on WS Transformer and separately, where to find doc on the variables?).....I have used WSTransformer in EE and never had to concern myself with any of those sytem vars.

Ernie
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Ernie - this is a continuation of a previous post where usage of this stage in a PX job generates a 'unable to load' error when the job runs. Hence the (possibly) erroneous advice that perhaps some of these system variables are not properly set.

I've used them in Server jobs after installing the PACK, no extra configuration changes needed. Wasn't sure if that was the case with PX jobs as well.
-craig