Limit the entry in the log file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vij
Participant

Limit the entry in the log file

Post by vij »

Hi all,

I am loading millions of records into a SQL SERVER table. For each of the rejected record, I get an entry in the log and the log gets filled and creates problems, so I wanted to restrict the number of entries written to the log. Can you please tell me how to restrict this?

Also, I am using a dataset to load the rejeceted records, but rejected records are not captured into the DataSet. When I try to view the records in the DataSet, it says, a new column called, "sqlcode" is present in the dataset which is not present in the table and yes a new column is there.

Can any one clear this?
thanks!
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

The only correct way is to get rid of the warning message. An alternate way is to demote or ignore the warning message. This can be done with 7.5 PX DataStage for PX jobs. See the directory tab Tools -> Message Handler Environment or look into the DataStage Manager Guide, 14-1 "Ma naging Message Handlers"
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

And for the second, turn off the RCP.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

sqlcode has the code from the database for the reason of rejection. You can limit the warnings by setting the number of warnings during run time. Similar to 'dsjob -warn' option through command line.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

What DSguru2B was referring is to stop the job after 'n' warning. Which is similar to DSJ_LIMITWARN option available in DSSetJobLimit function.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
swades
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by swades »

You can drop 'sqlcode' column using Modify Stage or Copy Stage ( which is better)

Thanks
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Sqlcode is unseen column, which will be propagated only if RCP is enabled.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Not correct. The sqlcode column appears by virtue of the fact that it's on a reject link from a database stage type.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

My mistake :oops: I was under the impression, that the sqlcode is propagated only when RPC is turned on. But its not the case.
As mentioned, Copy stage can be used as an intermediate stage to drop the column. By the way, if its reject table, adding Sqlcode as a part of metadata will add more information on what reason, the records got rejected.