error viewing oracle stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kirankota79
Premium Member
Premium Member

error viewing oracle stage

Post by kirankota79 »

I have oracle as input stage. My ODBC connection is working well and also i can connect from sqlplus on my machine to remote database through ODBC. I was also able to import the tables into datastage through the same ODBC connection.....but when i try to view data from datastage it is giving

"missing server name, can't connect"

Can u please tell me the reason?

Thanks,
kiran.
Krazykoolrohit
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Krazykoolrohit »

How exactly are you trying to view data from datastage?
narasimha
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by narasimha »

Do an exact search on "Missing server name", you will get your solution.
Narasimha Kade

Finding answers is simple, all you need to do is come up with the correct questions.
goriparthi
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by goriparthi »

Check your Paramters if anything is fishy there. If u can view the data from sql plus u shoukd have tns entry, aslo see if u have select permission enabled for ur datastage id on that table
narasimha
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by narasimha »

Check this post

Edited to add: Add www to the link
Last edited by narasimha on Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Narasimha Kade

Finding answers is simple, all you need to do is come up with the correct questions.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

narasimha, add www in your sited post, otherwise it takes you to the login page.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
narasimha
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by narasimha »

Something that I got to know today -

Every know that we can log on to DSXchange either by using

http://dsxchange.com/
(or)
http://www.dsxchange.com/

If you log in with the second address, you can directly copy the web address and post as the Url link.
But if you have logged in using the first address you will need to put in the the www. before dsxchange.com while giving reference to the URL links.

HTH.
Narasimha Kade

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

narasimha wrote:If you log in with the second address, you can directly copy the web address and post as the Url link.
But if you have logged in using the first address you will need to put in the the www. before dsxchange.com while giving reference to the URL links.
We've had this conversation before, but it's all about the domains matching - not second address versus first address, per se. URLs posted without the 'www.' will work fine for people that log onto the domain without the 'www.', but not for people that include it. And vice versa.

Since the vast majority of peoples connect to 'www.dsxchange.com' it's best to post links using that domain. So, simple answer is to log on to 'www.dsxchange.com' just like everyone else. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
narasimha
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by narasimha »

I had missed that conversation, thanks for the clarification.
Narasimha Kade