Not able to view data on PX on windows 2000 professional

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

iamnagus
Participant

Not able to view data on PX on windows 2000 professional

Post by iamnagus »

Hello,

I installed Datastage 7.5 on windows 2000 professional. Server jobs are running fine. But on PX, in any stage if i tried to view the data, is saying:

"This job is currently not runnable on this plat form".

I know that DS 7.5 version will not run on windows but atleast we could do few things like view source data, compile etc.

Can any one guide what is the reason and what needs to be done.

Thanks.

Regards,
iamnagus
venkycool
Participant

Re: Not able to view data on PX on windows 2000 professional

Post by venkycool »

server will work fine and dont think so px will execute on windows platform..it needs unix to support...chek it....
Suriv
No one is perfect... that's why pencils have erasers
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

7.5x2 is the only Windows supported in Datastage as of now.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
iamnagus
Participant

Post by iamnagus »

Hi Venky,

[server will work fine and dont think so px will execute on windows platform..it needs unix to support...chek it.... ]

We can do many things like job design,view data, compile of jobs except running the jobs on windows also. i am not asking about the execution.
Atleast to view source data and compile it should work.

Here this is giving the error due to some settings missed or some plug-ins need to be installed. I need help here....

Thanks.

Regards,
iamnagus
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

No, you cannot do many things. Compilation is a function done by the compiler which resides in the Server. You can just install client in your PC. If you are looking for some stages, you can install it from your client CD. First of all, the stages to communicate, it should have a server in unix.
Say if you have a file residing in unix, and if you just have your client installed in any of your pc, do you think the sequential file stage that available will find the unix file and will show you data?
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

kumar_s wrote:7.5x2 is the only Windows supported in Datastage as of now.
What kumar_s has tried to indicate is that, while other versions can be used to create parallel jobs on Windows platforms, only version 7.5x2 (which is not the same thing as version 7.5.2) can be used to run jobs. View Data actually creates a mini-job (an osh script), which explains why you can't do that either. You will need to get version 7.5x2.

Actually, this advice is not quite correct. There is another version supported on Windows that can run parallel jobs. This is version 8.0.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

iamnagus wrote:We can do many things like job design,view data, compile of jobs except running the jobs on windows also. i am not asking about the execution. Atleast to view source data and compile it should work.
No - only with the 7.5x2 version of the 7.x releases. Without it, all you can do is compile them.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Get 7.5x2 if you have to use parallel jobs. As simple as that.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
MerrillLynch
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by MerrillLynch »

And get Windows 2003 Server as it is the only supported platform to install the Engine.