XML - XLST

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

prasad111
Premium Member
Premium Member

XML - XLST

Post by prasad111 »

Hi,

I am reading XML file from UNIX path and using XLST to transform into the desired output format. Is there any way I can do the transformation in the output format(not same as the input format) without using the XLST code?
Is yes please let me give me some idea how to do that.

Regards,
Prasad
prasad111
Premium Member
Premium Member

--

Post by prasad111 »

--
Last edited by prasad111 on Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Etiquette Note

Pushing like that is regarded as offensive here. People post as and when they can, and don't get paid for anything. If you are seeking specialized customized support - at weekend rates, mind you, since it's Saturday in most of the world - then please revert. Otherwise wait patiently until someone posts a response.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Apparently, that was all it took to answer the question. :wink:

In case you want to discuss this more, you'll need to supply some of those pesky 'detail' things we would need to help. You've made no mention of what kind of 'transformations' you are making. Simple answer would be to use other stages - a transformer, as one example, to do the work rather than doing it inside one of the XML stages via custom XSLT. Seems like an XML Input stage on one end and an XML Output stage on the other end could very will do the trick.

However, since we've got absolutely no idea what you are doing - other than 'transforming XML' - or even which of the three XML stages you are using for this, how do you expect anyone to give you a coherent answer? :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers