Duplicate Identifier

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ambasta
Participant

Duplicate Identifier

Post by ambasta »

I am getting the following error at run time..
"main_program: Fatal Error: Added field has duplicate identifier(): "...
Same job is working in other servers..I tested the job in three different environment.it is running fine in two,but job is aborting in one of the server..

Can anyone please help me!!
ambasta
loubi
Participant

Post by loubi »

hi Ambasta,

Check if column propagation function is activated ! You maybe have it and declare another field with same name ?

If not, check your look up or other additional flow stages to see if another column has same name.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

What is different between the systems, and remember "nothing" is not a good answer.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
ambasta
Participant

Post by ambasta »

loubi wrote:hi Ambasta,

Check if column propagation function is activated ! You maybe have it and declare another field with same name ?

If not, check your look up or other additional flow stages to see if another column has same name.
Thanks a lot Loubi.
In one of the system RCP was enabled.i made it disable.now it is working fine. Thanks a lot.
ambasta
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Great, you can mark the post as resolved now.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
chaks
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by chaks »

Thanks Loubi,
I tried with RCP enabled & disabled but the error did not go away, but followed your suggestion to check look up stage and it resolved the issue.