capturing reject records in transformer stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

syam
Participant

capturing reject records in transformer stage

Post by syam »

Hi All;

I want to capture the reject records that doesn't met the condition in the constraints . i checked the otherwise/log checkbox. but i cant able to capture the records thatdoesn't met the condition in the constraints. how i can capture those records?

Thanks;
Syam
SHYAM
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Please post the constraint conditions for all outputs. To be passed to the Otherwise/Log output, the row must have failed to meet the constraint conditions for all prior outputs.

Verify (using Output Link Execution Order tool) that your Otherwise/Log link is executed last (unless you also have a reject output link).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sudeepmantri
Participant

Re: capturing reject records in transformer stage

Post by sudeepmantri »

Hi, I think u wont be able to capture the reject records in Parallel job in transformer. U got to use a server job
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Capturing reject is possible both in Server as well as PX, constraints plays the key role for that.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ray.wurlod
Participant

Re: capturing reject records in transformer stage

Post by ray.wurlod »

sudeepmantri wrote:Hi, I think u wont be able to capture the reject records in Parallel job in transformer. U got to use a server job
Completely wrong. The parallel Transformer supports both an Otherwise/Log output (which corresponds to the server Transformer's reject output) and a reject output (which captures any input row that causes any exception within the stage's processing).

And I believe that we've already established that there is no user called "U" at DSXchange.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

We ought to create a user called "U". He is, apparantly, very popular :wink:
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Along with his little brother, 'u'.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers