Orchdbadmin Documentaion

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

venkat_kp
Charter Member
Charter Member

Orchdbadmin Documentaion

Post by venkat_kp »

Appreciate if any one can share the orchdbadmin documentation.

Thanks.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Your support provider can provide. They may know them as "OEM 75 Manuals". There should be no charge. They (the manuals) are also handed out on IBM DataStage EE training classes.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
pavankvk
Participant

Post by pavankvk »

ray.wurlod wrote:Your support provider can provide. They may know them as "OEM 75 Manuals". There should be no charge. They (the manuals) are also handed out on IBM DataStage EE training classes. ...
I attended a Dx436 session in dec 2006 and they gave the OEM manuals. they are of version 7 and i didnt find orchdbadmin in there. how can i get the new version of 7.5

can anyone pls provide it.

thanks
pavankvk
Participant

Post by pavankvk »

pavankvk wrote:
ray.wurlod wrote:Your support provider can provide. They may know them as "OEM 75 Manuals". There should be no charge. They (the manuals) are also handed out on IBM DataStage EE training classes. ...
I attended a Dx436 session in dec 2006 and they gave the OEM manuals. they are of version 7 and i didnt find orchdbadmin in there. how can i get the new version of 7.5

can anyone pls provide it.

thanks
i even found 7.5 manuals..but orchdbadmin is not there in any them..i searched for that string id pdf with no results..pls help
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The manual is Orchestrate 7.5 Installation and Administration (AdminGuide.pdf). The orchadmin command is documented in Chapter 12.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
pavankvk
Participant

Post by pavankvk »

ray.wurlod wrote:The manual is Orchestrate 7.5 Installation and Administration (AdminGuide.pdf). The orchadmin command is documented in Chapter 12. ...
Ray

it has orchadmin and i know orchadmin. Is orchdbadmin same as orchadmin? i was thinking they are different. i was searching the pdf's for orchdbadmin.

there is orchdbutil, so i thought there should be orchdbadmin.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

There is orchdbutil utility but not orchdbadmin.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That's right; Orchestrate is good, but it doesn't take over from the DBA!