Upgrading NLS to a speicifc Project

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Inquisitive
Charter Member
Charter Member

Upgrading NLS to a speicifc Project

Post by Inquisitive »

Hi,

We did upgrade Datastage from 7.1 to 7.5.2. We did upgrade all the projects and Jobs. Also, when we upgraded we enabled NLS (earlier it was disabled).

We foubd that there was a problem with one particular Project and only in that project NLS is not set.

Is there a way to have NLS set for a single project in ETL server?

Thanks.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

In the Administrator client, is the NLS button enabled when you select that project's properties? If so, that's where you choose the character map and locale that you want to serve as the defaults for the project.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by I_Server_Whale »

I think this is well covered in chapter 4 of the Administrator Guide pdf.
Anything that won't sell, I don't want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility, and utility is success.
Author: Thomas A. Edison 1847-1931, American Inventor, Entrepreneur, Founder of GE
Inquisitive
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Inquisitive »

Hi Ray,

on the project Adminstrator 'NLS' is not enabled for only this particular project.

Like I said we NLS was enabled in the upgrade process. So for just this one project NLS was not enabled (When upgrade process was in progress, it was too slow for this project)

Thanks,
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

NLS is either globally enabled or globally disabled on a DataStage server. It is not possible to disable it on a project-specific basis.

What is the value if NLSMODE in uvconfig?

What is the result of the following UNIX command?
$DSHOME/bin/analyze.shm -t | grep NLSMODE

In the Administrator client, on the opening window, is the NLS button (in the Server frame) enabled or disabled? On the Projects tab, is the NLS button enabled for all other projects and disabled for this one?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.