Writing Data into CICS (Mainframe)

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Inquisitive
Charter Member
Charter Member

Writing Data into CICS (Mainframe)

Post by Inquisitive »

Hi,

I have Datastage 7.5 installed on Unix box (Solaris).

I have requirement to read data from CICS and write write it back to CICS system after transformation.

If I have MVS license can I write data into CICS? I know if we have Datastage installed on Mainframe it will generate COBOL programs internally to do this operation.
how can we achieve this in Datastage on Unix?

Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You can slice of a piece of the mainframe and run UNIX Support Services (USS) there. DataStage can run on USS, and access mainframe data. You would need to check with IBM whether DataStage USS version can access CICS. It can certainly access IMS datasets and viewsets, and various other mainframe data structures (and, of course, DB2/390).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Inquisitive
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Inquisitive »

Thanks Ray,

We can use CFF stage to read VSAM files and Db2 API/ODBC stage to read data from Db2 on mainframe. But in thi USS how can we write data into CICS?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I have no idea. That's why I said you would have to check with IBM.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.