Version Control: How do you do at your place

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Ernie - I've never liked V8 too much, prefer something higher octane such as rum :lol:
vijayrc
Participant

Post by vijayrc »

ArndW wrote:Ernie - I've never liked V8 too much, prefer something higher octane such as rum :lol: ...
Friends,
I'm in the process of evaluating a good utility to compare .dsx just to get an idea of what has been changed etc. So far from the board, I have heard of [1]UltraCompare...which does a decent comparision between dsx though it give the DS internals associated with the changes in a job [2]Unix command diff which I haven't given it a shot.

I'm about to look at Beyond Compare from Scooter Software and just want to hear from you guys on this if you have done any study on this. [there's a thread in server Edition on this, where I have posted too]

Also can someone confirm if MetaStage DOES have the Job Comparison and if so, how useful it is.

Thanks a ton.
Vijay
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by I_Server_Whale »

Haven't you already posted the same questionin Server Forum? There is no need to post the same question twice. :x
Anything that won't sell, I don't want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility, and utility is success.
Author: Thomas A. Edison 1847-1931, American Inventor, Entrepreneur, Founder of GE
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Any comparsion tool is going to do the exact same thing unless it is 'DataStage aware' like the process built into Version 8. So to me this would be more of a personal preference choice than anything.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers