BiigInt

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

gauravrb
Participant

BiigInt

Post by gauravrb »

Hi,

While mapping BigInt(10) from source to BigInt(10) in target any value above 2,147,483,647 is mapped to a constant value 2,147,483,647. Any value below it is mapped respectively. Even though range of BigInt(2^63) bigger than above value(2^31), what might be the possible reason for such a case to arise.Also i checked no where i have kept that field Integer in between.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

What is the job desing? What stages are involved in this?
Because BigInt is not prescribed for Target Teradata stage?
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
gauravrb
Participant

Post by gauravrb »

The source and target databases are DB2. I have not yet loaded it into target database.It is showing me in target dataset. Before loading into target dataset iam reusing shared container which is using QualityStagePX. Its input and output columns are also BigInt for that field.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You need to diagnose more deeply. Put a Peek stage on each link, the better to see what's happening at each phase in the processing.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

DUMP_SCORE might also help.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

APT_DUMP_SCORE will always help - it's the only way you can determine what is/was executed. Which is not always what you designed - it gets optimized, for example, and some of the design errors and omissions are silently corrected.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.