fatal error C1083

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

venkat_kp
Charter Member
Charter Member

fatal error C1083

Post by venkat_kp »

Hi All,

While compiling the transformer (simple job) I am getting

##E TBLD 000000 15:43:11(000) <main_program> Error when checking composite operator: Subprocess command failed with exit status 512

##I TBLD 000000 15:43:11(003) <main_program> Error when checking composite operator: Output from subprocess: C:\Ascential\DataStage\PXEngine\include\apt_util\ints.h(60) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'strstream': No such file or directory

In the ints.h file its including the "strstream" file but in the C:\Ascential\DataStage\PXEngine\include\apt_util folder there is only this file strstream_s.h

Appreciate any input.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Have you ever gotton this error message before with a job using a transformer stage?
What compiler do you have installed? Seems like a .NET problem.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If you make it "right" (either by editing ints.h or making a copy of strstream_s.h called strstream.h or strstream (whatever ints.h requires)) does the problem go away? If so, you ought to report the problem to your support provider, as it may be a bug in the code.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
venkat_kp
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by venkat_kp »

[Have you ever gotton this error message before with a job using a transformer stage?What compiler do you have installed]

First time trying to compile. The version is 1.01.0000.

[/If you make it "right" (either by editing ints.h or making a copy of strstream_s.h called strstream.h or strstream (whatever ints.h requires)) does the problem go away?]

I tried copying and renaming, but did not work.