Truncate Load Write property query

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vivekreddy
Participant

Truncate Load Write property query

Post by vivekreddy »

Does the truncate load write property in the DB2 enterprise stage works as a truncate with no logging or is it that it works as a delete and write to the transaction log?
And if so where and how does it pick the commit interval from?
Regards,
Vivek D. Reddy

Premium Member

Re: Truncate Load Write property query

Post by sud »

It invokes the DB2 fast load utility with the 'truncate' option. I think this will answer the reamining questions as well.
It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for ETL, but I couldn't give it up because by that time I was too famous.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

First of all, DB2 does not have TRUNCATE. Either its a delete or its a load from /dev/null or import from /dev/null.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
vivekreddy
Participant

Post by vivekreddy »

I was referring to the truncate write mode for the load write method in DB2 Enterprise stage.
Regards,
Vivek D. Reddy

Premium Member

Post by sud »

vivekreddy wrote:I was referring to the truncate write mode for the load write method in DB2 Enterprise stage.
Yes that's right. DsGuru2b was also right, DB2 doesn't have a truncate option like Oracle, however this option is there in the load utility and as far as I know, it drops the table and recreates it and goes ahead with the load. :?:
It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for ETL, but I couldn't give it up because by that time I was too famous.