How does the DB2 transaction log operate?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vivekreddy
Participant

How does the DB2 transaction log operate?

Post by vivekreddy »

How does the transactional log work in DB2? IS it exactly similar concept as in Oracle. Or are there any exceptions or any configuration related parameters?
Regards,
Vivek D. Reddy

Premium Member

Re: How does the DB2 transaction log operate?

Post by sud »

vivekreddy wrote:How does the transactional log work in DB2? IS it exactly similar concept as in Oracle. Or are there any exceptions or any configuration related parameters?
Hey Vivek,

This question has nothing to do with DataStage parallel edition. At least move this post to the General forum.

And, just do a google search to find the info, you will find lots of stuff on the net if you are determined not to read a book. :)
It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for ETL, but I couldn't give it up because by that time I was too famous.
vivekreddy
Participant

Post by vivekreddy »

sorry for the mistake. will move it right away. :oops:
Regards,
Vivek D. Reddy

Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

For DML's, its the same. For more specifics do a google search.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.