Looking for Parallel Extender Developer PDF Guide

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Izack
Participant

Looking for Parallel Extender Developer PDF Guide

Post by Izack »

Where I can get the Parallel Extender Developer PDF Guide for self learning purpose......Thanks in advanced
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by I_Server_Whale »

It is available in the DataStage Install CD. Search for the filename parjdev.pdf

Whale.
Anything that won't sell, I don't want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility, and utility is success.
Author: Thomas A. Edison 1847-1931, American Inventor, Entrepreneur, Founder of GE
Izack
Participant

Post by Izack »

I_Server_Whale wrote:It is available in the DataStage Install CD. Search for the filename parjdev.pdf

Whale.
I don't have any Parallel Extender Software CD right now, that is why I am looking on Internet to learn about DataStage Parallel Extender.....Thanks, please if you let me know.
narasimha
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by narasimha »

Do you have the software installed on your system?
If yes, you will have the online manuals installed too.
You won't get these manuals on the internet.
Narasimha Kade

Finding answers is simple, all you need to do is come up with the correct questions.
Izack
Participant

Post by Izack »

narasimha wrote:Do you have the software installed on your system?
If yes, you will have the online manuals installed too.
You won't get these manuals on the internet.
Hai my friend I don't have a CD with me to installed this DS Parallel extender, if any body can help me out with CD I really appreciated for your help. and I want to tearn the DataStage Parallel Extender, So I need self learning Guide......Thanks
narasimha
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by narasimha »

I doubt anybody can help you with that. Its illegal, even if anybody does :roll:
Narasimha Kade

Finding answers is simple, all you need to do is come up with the correct questions.
Izack
Participant

Post by Izack »

narasimha wrote:I doubt anybody can help you with that. Its illegal, even if anybody does :roll:
Ok let me know the website address of ONLINE Manual Installation....Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Your best chance for an online site is IBM but, as far as I am aware, they have not posted the manuals for download.

It might be worth contacting your local IBM office to request copies of manuals; most IBM offices are usually prepared to help in these matters. But learn to be patient - nothing happens fast within IBM.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
swades
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by swades »

swades
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by swades »

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Thanks for that input; those manuals are for version 7.0, but would serve as something to begin the OP's learning curve.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
swades
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by swades »

This is the only one which I know is online.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

All th eDataStage 8 documents are at the Product documentation ibm website including tutorials for DataStage parallel jobs and QualityStage version 8. There is not a huge difference between DataStage 7 and 8. You might be able to navigate the ibm website to find the version 7 manuals.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Hmm... thats interesting to find all these online.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
Izack
Participant

Post by Izack »

Good to know about this site, but just I can read and I can't do any thing practically, I am help less............Thanks for your help