Load unmatched data

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

swades
Premium Member
Premium Member

Load unmatched data

Post by swades »

Hi,
I want to get Unmtched data to be load in Target Table. I am comparing source record with the Target Table.

How can I do this with Merge Stage ?

Thanks
swades
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by swades »

Continue to above Post:

Or can I use look up stage ?
Please help me how ?
what to set in constraints. I have try that BUT I am failed. I am using 7.5.2

Thanks
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

You can do it with the Join or lookup stage. Read about those stage on the exact way on "how to do it"
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
swades
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by swades »

Thanks
I have try a lot using look up but still I am getting matched data only in Target Table so please tell me if any Condition is required in lookup stage to get unmatch data in Target Table ?

Please help me if possible because I have not used Look up stage before to get Unmatched data

Thanks
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Refer to Ray's first reply in this post.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
swades
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by swades »

Thanks DSguru2B,

I read that Post but It didnt help me.
Here is the detail what I am doing:
I am gettig recored from flat file and I am looking this record to the Target table and If Data matches then I want to reject and If not matching then I am inserting this recored to Target Table.
I tried Lookup but its not loading unmatched data to table, might be I am doing wrong.

Plesase help me

Thanks
swades
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by swades »

:cry:
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You can use a lookup stage, specify a reject link to capture the unmatched inputs and set your Lookup Failed rule accordingly.

You could also use a right outer join; the rows with NULL from the left inputs are unmatched rows in the target.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
venky
Participant

Post by venky »

if you wish to use the same design , then use a transformer from the rejected link and load the data to a target table.
Else u can use continue option in lookup stage and out a transformer and check for null keys and load to target table ( these are unmatched records )
Ashish
Participant

Re: Load unmatched data

Post by Ashish »

In Lookup stage There is one property If Not Found = Output you can retrive all your unmatched data in the reject link and passed it to the Target Table

Thanks
Ashish Arora[/img]
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

ChangeCapture/Difference stages are also available for this reason.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Load unmatched data

Post by DSguru2B »

swades wrote:How can I do this with Merge Stage ?
You asked for it to be done in Merge stage, you got expert advice on so many stages that can get your work done.