VERSION CONTROL

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vijaykumar
Participant

VERSION CONTROL

Post by vijaykumar »

Hi Gurus,

where can i find the help for installing version control.can anyone post the link please.

cheers;
vijay
vijaykumar
Participant

Post by vijaykumar »

Hi Gurus,
soory my question was unclear.where can i find the information or link for-How to install version version control.Please help me.Can anyone post the link.

cheers;
vijay
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by I_Server_Whale »

If you think you posted incorrectly, you need not post again. You CAN always go back and edit your post. Click on the "Edit/Delete this post" link toward the right of your post.

Whale.
Anything that won't sell, I don't want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility, and utility is success.
Author: Thomas A. Edison 1847-1931, American Inventor, Entrepreneur, Founder of GE
narasimha
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by narasimha »

Version Control software is available on your datastage installation CD.
The installation is self guiding. In fact just did it today :wink:
Narasimha Kade

Finding answers is simple, all you need to do is come up with the correct questions.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

As noted, the software is on the Client cdrom. If you have a later version of DataStage (7.5.x I believe) it will be an option on the autorun menu along with all the other choices. Earlier versions made you 'browse' the cdrom to find the Version Control directory and then you'd double-click on setup.exe there.

All in all it's quite simple, just ask Narasimha. :P I'm not even sure it asks you much of anything but drops everything automatically into your DataStage installation folder. Once it's there, make sure you read the pdf documentation under the Ascential DataStage 'Online Manuals' menu for it. You'll need it to get grounded in the tool.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
narasimha
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by narasimha »

Who can be as lucky as me, I can walk to Craig himself for any help.(Which he never denies)
Got the training on VC from him today.
Thanks for promoting me today by giving me permission to promote the jobs. :D
Narasimha Kade

Finding answers is simple, all you need to do is come up with the correct questions.