Problem providing path for Dataset

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

opdas
Participant

Problem providing path for Dataset

Post by opdas »

1.There is a problem when I directly type the file path for the Dataset in windows environment. But the Dataset is created when I pass it through the Parameter.
Again I found that I have to add a extra '\' before every '\' we encounter in the path.
Is there any constraint ? This thnig only happens for the Dataset stage.

2.I would also add my second query in this thread, the check button in the configuration window in manager is disabled.

Thanks
Om
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Cant you browse to the path and select the dataset?
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
opdas
Participant

Post by opdas »

yes I can browse .
Om Prakash

"There are things that are known, and there are things that are unknown, and in between there are doors"
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If you can browse can you not select the pathname from the browser?

Try using forward slashes in the pathname.

Try using UNIX-style pathnames (that is, without the drive letter, and forward slashes - for example /Ascential/DataStage/Projects/MyProject/Controls/Cust.ds instead of C:\Ascential\DataStage\Projects\MyProject\Controls\Cust.ds)

Replace your operating system with Linux.

:lol:
UNIX uses a single-root file system. Windows has a multiply-rooted file system.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
opdas
Participant

Post by opdas »

Yes I can browse and select the pah name but that too didnt work. Suppose the path is c:\folder\filename.ds then it would work if I put c:\\folder\\filename.ds in the path or can pass the earlier path through parameter.

What about the check button in the manager configuration window why is that disabled ?
Om Prakash

"There are things that are known, and there are things that are unknown, and in between there are doors"