Seq. Error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

helpmeout
Participant

Seq. Error

Post by helpmeout »

Hi ..
I have a same kind of problem ass swades had,
I gone through following link,

http://dsxchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=10 ... bc9304eb87

i used that code for value expression but i give me error that expression is not right, i am using 7.1 version.

plz help me Thanks.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Add a 'www' before the dsxchange in your embedded post.
What is your job design?
What did you type in the expression editor?
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
helpmeout
Participant

Seq error

Post by helpmeout »

DSguru2B wrote:Add a 'www' before the dsxchange in your embedded post.
What is your job design?
What did you type in the expression editor?
i wrote this first
Execute_Command_0.$CommandOutput

it give error
Sample_Seq..JobControl (@Job_Activity_1): Controller problem: Error calling DSSetParam(Sequ), code=-4
[ParamValue/Limitvalue is not appropriate]

Then i tried for
Field(Execute_Command_0.$CommandOutput,@FM,1)
also
Execute_Command_0.$CommandOutput<1>

but this both code give me error -expression not correct.

and the reference link is

viewtopic.php?t=106844&postdays=0&posto ... c&start=15

ok thanks.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Seq error

Post by DSguru2B »

helpmeout wrote:Then i tried for
Field(Execute_Command_0.$CommandOutput,@FM,1)
also
Execute_Command_0.$CommandOutput<1>
You are giving these expressions in the expression space of the job parameter right?
Try this, clear out everything, right click, it will open up a small list. What all do you see there?
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
helpmeout
Participant

Re: Seq error

Post by helpmeout »

[You are giving these expressions in the expression spa ...[/quote]

I already tried that one and right click not able at that time,i using 7.1 version.Also when i type that code its shows syntax error
helpmeout
Participant

Post by helpmeout »

I insert that value expression using Insert parameter value Tab.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I don't believe you can use functions in expressions in your release, pretty sure that wasn't added until 7.5. From my 7.5.1A readme:
- Expression Support
BASIC-like expression syntax has been expanded and is now allowed in most job sequence activities. Context-menu help is available when editing expressions.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
helpmeout
Participant

Post by helpmeout »

so what is solution for this?
Please tell me.
Thanks

chulett wrote:I don't believe you can use functions in expressions in your release, pretty sure that wasn't added until 7.5. From my 7.5.1A readme:
- Expression Support
BASIC-like expression syntax has been expanded and is now allowed in most job sequence activities. Context-menu help is available when editing expressions.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Ok... details, please. You've never said what exactly you are executing in the command stage, postd the script, what kind of information you are returing, how the parameter is defined in the job it needs to be used in... nada. Let's start there.

As much information as you can stand regarding what you are trying to accomplish.
-craig

helpmeout
Participant

Post by helpmeout »

chulett wrote:Ok... details, please. You've never said what exactly you are executing in the command stage, postd the script, what kind of information you are returing, how the parameter is defined in the job it needs to be used in... nada. Let's start there.

As much information as you can stand regarding what you are trying to accomplish.
I need to send integer o/p from one job(in text file) to other job as parameter.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

That's it? :? We can't help if you don't give us the information we'd need to help us help you. Details please.

How is your command attempting to get this 'integer o/p'? Are you running a script or an O/S command? Post them - the script or the command(s) you are using...

The job parameter you are trying to set, it is defined as an Integer or something else? If you are willing, change it to String and let us know if the error still occurs. If it does, then we really do have an @FM issue to resolve as even strings don't like them.
-craig

I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by I_Server_Whale »

helpmeout wrote:[I need to send integer o/p from one job(in text file) to other job as parameter.
So much for 'As much information as you can'. :wink: You need to provide more details.
Anything that won't sell, I don't want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility, and utility is success.
Author: Thomas A. Edison 1847-1931, American Inventor, Entrepreneur, Founder of GE
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

There are other ways to pass parameter values as well. You can use dsjob -param paramname=value also to provide values to your job.
helpmeout
Participant

Post by helpmeout »

My problem is solved,i used DSSetUserStatus routine method.Thanks All.