No File Descriptor --ERROR

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

just4geeks
Premium Member
Premium Member

No File Descriptor --ERROR

Post by just4geeks »

I am trying to extract ODBC tables into a seq file. I get the following error when I try to do that.

Code: Select all

##I TFCN 000001 15:06:14(000) <main_program> 
 Ascential DataStage(tm) Enterprise Edition 7.5.2
 Copyright (c) 2004, 1997-2004 Ascential Software Corporation.
 All Rights Reserved

##I TOSH 000002 15:06:14(001) <main_program> orchgeneral: loaded
 ##I TOSH 000002 15:06:14(002) <main_program> orchsort: loaded
 ##I TOSH 000002 15:06:14(003) <main_program> orchstats: loaded
 ##I TFSC 000001 15:06:14(004) <main_program> APT configuration file: /opt/datastage/Ascential/DataStage/Configurations/default.apt
 ##I TFSC 000000 15:06:14(005) <main_program> 
 This step has no datasets.

It has 1 operator:
 op0[1p] {(sequential APT_CombinedOperatorController:
       (APT_LicenseCountOp in APT_LicenseOperator)
       (APT_LicenseCheckOp in APT_LicenseOperator)
     ) on nodes (
       node1[op0,p0]
     )}
 It runs 1 process on 1 node.
 ##W TCOS 000049 15:06:14(006) <main_program> Parameter specified but not used in flow: DSProjectMapName
 ##I TFSC 000000 15:06:14(011) <main_program> 
 This step has no datasets.

It has 1 operator:
 op0[1p] {(sequential APT_CombinedOperatorController:
       (Sequential_File_1)
       (_Head)
       (_PEEK_IDENT_)
       (_ABORT_IDENT_)
     ) on nodes (
       node1[op0,p0]
     )}
 It runs 1 process on 1 node.
 ##I TOIX 000163 15:06:14(000) <Sequential_File_1,0> Import complete; 0 records imported successfully, 0 rejected.
 **VIEWDATA ROW LIMITER HIT**
It also says that "APT_CombinedOperatorController,0: Fatal Error: No file descriptor was supplied."

Can anyone tell me what is going wrong. Thanks for your time.
Attitude is everything....
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Can you please post the job design and generated OSH? Somewhere there is a file unit not being allocated. This may be because of a missing property, or that you have hit a limit on your system.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
just4geeks
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by just4geeks »

ray.wurlod wrote:Can you please post the job design and generated OSH? Somewhere there is a file unit not being allocated. This may be because of a missing property, or that you have hit a limit on your system.
The Job design is like this.

ODBC Enterprise Stage--->Seq File Stage

How do I obtain the OSH?
pavankvk
Participant

Post by pavankvk »

just4geeks wrote:
ray.wurlod wrote:Can you please post the job design and generated OSH? Somewhere there is a file unit not being allocated. This may be because of a missing property, or that you have hit a limit on your system.

How do I obtain the OSH?
Look in properties in the generated osh tab
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Job properties window has a "Generated OSH" tab. It should be there. If not, you need to enable Generated OSH in Administrator (project properties, Parallel tab).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
pavankvk
Participant

Post by pavankvk »

just4geeks wrote:

How do I obtain the OSH?
Why is it trying to import from the sequential file when you are writing to it? :?:
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

pavankvk wrote:Why is it trying to import from the sequential file when you are writing to it? :?:
Thats only for view data.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
just4geeks
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by just4geeks »

ray.wurlod wrote:Job properties window has a "Generated OSH" tab. It should be there. If not, you need to enable Generated OSH in Administrator (project properties, Parallel tab).
I cannot enable generate OSH because I dont have write access to the installed directory. Is it very important to generate OSH, else I can request my DSAdmin to do it.
pavankvk
Participant

Post by pavankvk »

DSguru2B wrote:
pavankvk wrote:Why is it trying to import from the sequential file when you are writing to it? :?:
Thats only for view data. ...
Will it give job score when its a view data..i never observed closely.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

It generates it regardless. That option is just to get the OSH script for your viewing.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
just4geeks
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by just4geeks »

How do I resolve the error "APT_CombinedOperatorController,0: Fatal Error: No file descriptor was supplied" ?
pavankvk
Participant

Post by pavankvk »

just4geeks wrote:How do I resolve the error "APT_CombinedOperatorController,0: Fatal Error: No file descriptor was supplied" ?
i got this error many times, but dont remember the scenario. can u explain if this is a run time failure or view data failure
just4geeks
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by just4geeks »

pavankvk wrote:
just4geeks wrote:How do I resolve the error "APT_CombinedOperatorController,0: Fatal Error: No file descriptor was supplied" ?
i got this error many times, but dont remember the scenario. can u explain if this is a run time failure or view data failure
Its a runtime failure
pavankvk
Participant

Post by pavankvk »

just4geeks wrote:
pavankvk wrote:
Its a runtime failure
is it the error log, what u posted in your first post of the thread??
pavankvk
Participant

Post by pavankvk »

just4geeks wrote:
pavankvk wrote:
Its a runtime failure
please post the complete log.