parameter

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

The design shoudl be
Execute_Command_Activity ------- > Job_Activity
In the parameters section, where you apply default values, you are to provide that derivation. Is that your design, if not then can you please draw it out, enclosed in quotes so that it makes sense.
Also the part before the .$CommandOutput, should be the stage name of your Execute Command Stage.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
kishoreramachandran
Participant

Post by kishoreramachandran »

getting erro conroller problem fatal error from @coordinator.
the design is exactly what you have told
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

What is the derivation you are providing inside the jobactivity for your parameter. Also what is the name of your execute command stage. Copy paste them here.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
kishoreramachandran
Participant

o_date Execute_Command_0.$CommandOutput
t_id Execute_Command_0.$CommandOutput

are the job activity parameter name and value expression and execute command which is before this is just cat filename whch contains both the parameters.( in 2 lines one below other)
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Is that your derivation. Use the Field() function code that i posted earlier to get everything before the @FM.
kishoreramachandran
Participant

i gave field(Execute_Command_0.$CommandOutput,@FM,1) for both the parameters (actually they are coming from the same file) dss set param error code = 4
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Ok now you tell me that they are coming from the same file. I thought you wanted to keep one file per parameter value. How does it look like in the file? Also tell me which parameter value belongs to what parameter.
kishoreramachandran
Participant

the 2 values have been concatenated to the same file and so now i have only 1 file.
1st line is date and 2nd line is a number
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Ok, for o_date provide

Code: Select all

FIELD(Execute_Command_0.$CommandOutput,@FM,1,1)
For the t_id provide

Code: Select all

FIELD(Execute_Command_0.$CommandOutput,@FM,2,1)
This should work.
kishoreramachandran
Participant

still the same error
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

you sure there are only two lines in your source file. The first one is the date and the second one is the id. Nothing else is present. I just built a dummy job and tested out the same. It works like a charm for me. Do you have the first line as Column Names in your text file?
kishoreramachandran
Participant

the date is in double quotes and the 2nd line is a number
kishoreramachandran
Participant

the first line is not column name
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

How have you defined them in the job. Are they defined as string or , date and integer. If latter then remove the quotes. If they are defined as string then quotes wouldnt hurt. They will be passed along with quotes.
kishoreramachandran
Participant

in the job properties of the sequence job am i supposed to define anything?
I am calling a job in this job sequence, in that job in the properties the variables are defined.