FILE SET CREATION PROBLEM

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

adasgupta123
Participant

FILE SET CREATION PROBLEM

Post by adasgupta123 »

Hi All,

In one of my datastage jobs the final output is a file set.A dataset is a input here and after some transformation the fileset is created.

Though there are 8 nodes in the datastage server in only three nodes records are exported but in the other 5 nodes 0 records are exported.

The log message for one node is as follows:

STG_AIR_CMF_BALANCE_SRC_1,2: Export complete; 0 records exported successfully, 0 rejected.

Here STG_AIR_CMF_BALANCE_SRC is the job name.

Looking for your help.

Regards

Avik Dasgupta
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Check if the file has reached 2GB limit. It its not, check with different Config file which has less number of nodes.
Was there any transformation that forces records to not match with the given metadata in fileset?
Check it by replacing a sequential file stage.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

What partitioning method did you choose for the fileset?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

My guess (like Arnd's) is that you have partitioned on a column (or columns) that have a skewed distribution (or maybe only five distinct values). This is something you need to check. If you want even distribution of rows, choose Round Robin partitioning (or Modulus, if it's a single integer sequence).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.