DataStage PX training materail

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dsguy
Participant

DataStage PX training materail

Post by dsguy »

Hi

I have to conduct training on datastage EE 7 .Please send across some links where i can get some stuff.

Thnaks,
Girish
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

You are going to conduct or attend?
If you have already attended the IBM course, you can use the student materials. Else the available pdf and this site will give you lot more information.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
dsguy
Participant

Post by dsguy »

Thanks for your reply Kumar
I am going to give training. Can you send the links to me ?

Thanks,
Varun
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Hi Varun,
Those pdf will be available only if training are attended. But you should be able to make it up with the pdf that are available in the client (Online manuals) or in the software CD.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
dsguy
Participant

Post by dsguy »

kumar_s wrote:Hi Varun,
Those pdf will be available only if training are attended. But you should be able to make it up with the pdf that are available in the client (Online manuals) or in the software CD. ...
Thanks Kumar :D
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I also sell DataStage curriculum. See my web site (link from signature block). Then contact me off line for pricing, delivery (if needed), etc.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

I'm dubious as to whether you can deliver effective training without having extensive product experience or having been on a training course yourself or having access to prepared training materials. The manuals do not provide example jobs or code or show short cuts and tips.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

My DataStage training materials are, however, "proper" training materials including hands-on labs.

You can also source training materials from IBM but they will insist on providing an instructor as well. (That is also my preference.)
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
surez2000
Premium Member
Premium Member

Training Material

Post by surez2000 »

Hi Ray,

Please let me know how does your datastage material cost?
Knowledge is Collection of Facts and Wisdom is Simplifying those Facts.

Suresh Nair
narasimha
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Training Material

Post by narasimha »

surez2000 wrote:Hi Ray,

Please let me know how does your datastage material cost?
ray.wurlod wrote:I also sell DataStage curriculum. See my web site (link from signature block). Then contact me off line for pricing, delivery (if needed), etc.
Narasimha Kade

Finding answers is simple, all you need to do is come up with the correct questions.
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by I_Server_Whale »

Here's the link to Ray's website:

http://home.iprimus.com.au/raywurlod/services.htm
Anything that won't sell, I don't want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility, and utility is success.
Author: Thomas A. Edison 1847-1931, American Inventor, Entrepreneur, Founder of GE
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Cost varies (for example, the Advanced class has optional modules). Bulk discounts are available. Please email me with your requirements.