load(DB2) doesn`t work

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

fmartinsferreira
Participant

Post by fmartinsferreira »

ray.wurlod wrote:DataStage is a 32-bit application. The database can be either 32-bit or 64-bit, but DataStage must find the 32-bit libraries for accessing the database; that is, the 32-bit libraries must occur befor ...
Ray, looking the help I saw that DB2/UDB Enterprise Stage needs the following requirements to work:

1 - grant to acess the database
2 - If using DB2 8.1 ESE, DPF(database partitioning feature) must be installed along with DB2 8.1 ESE, in order to take advantage of DataStage's parallel capabilities
3 - grant DBADM on any database written by LOAD method
4 - The user's PATH should include $DB2_HOME/bin
5 - The LIBPATH should include $DB2_HOME/lib
6 - The following DB2 enviroment variables set the run-time characteristics of your system:
* DB2INSTANCE - specifies the user name of the owner of the DB2 instance. DB2 uses DB2INSTANCE to determinate the location of db2nodes.cfg. For example, if you set DB2INSTANCE to "Mary", the location of db2nodes.cfg is ~Mary/sqllib/db2nodes.cfg
* DB2DBDFT - specifies the name of the DB2 database that want to access from your DB2/UDB Enterprise Stage.

Questions:
a - When you say "but DataStage must find the 32-bit libraries for accessing the database" you mean that I need to refer this libraries on LIBPATH enviroment variable that is in dsenv file?

b - Are PATH, LIBPATH, DB2INSTANCE and DB2DBDFT enviroment variable that is in dsenv file?

Fernando
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

(a) Yes
(b) Yes to set them globally across all projects. Otherwise set in the Adminsitrator client for that particular project. Optionally load them as job parameters so you can override the values on a per-job basis.

Different UNIX variants name the shared library search path environment variable differently; LIBPATH, SHLIB_PATH or LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.