Sybase OC stage for PX jobs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

hboekel
Premium Member
Premium Member

Sybase OC stage for PX jobs

Post by hboekel »

Hi all,

I have installed DataStage 7.5x2 Enterprise Edition on Windows. The Sybase OC database stage is available for Server type jobs but is missing on the palette for PX type jobs.

Question: is the Sybase OC stage available for parallel jobs? If yes, how do i get the plugin installed?

Regards Hans
us1aslam1us
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Sybase OC stage for PX jobs

Post by us1aslam1us »

hboekel wrote:Hi all,
Question: is the Sybase OC stage available for parallel jobs? If yes, how do i get the plugin installed?
The sybase OC stage will be available to you in parallel jobs too. I think you just need to customize your stages on the palette.
I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work.
Thomas Alva Edison(1847-1931)
hboekel
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Sybase OC stage for PX jobs

Post by hboekel »

us1aslam1us wrote:
hboekel wrote:Hi all,
The sybase OC stage will be available to you in parallel jobs too. I think you just need to customize your stages thru DataStage Manager.
Could you tell me how to do that? Do we need to register a plugin using DS Manager? What is the path where the plugin is located?

Thanks.
us1aslam1us
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by us1aslam1us »

Right click on Designer Palette >> Customize Palette >> Default Palette groups >> Database(Parallel) >> sybase >> Drag that component and drop it into Current Palette groups (Parallel Database).
I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work.
Thomas Alva Edison(1847-1931)
hboekel
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by hboekel »

I followed your instructions but in the Default Palette groups box, the Database('Parallel - Database') group only contains the following entries:

DB2/UDB
DRS
ODBC Enterprise
Oracle
SQLServer Enterprise
STP
Teradata

Sybase is not listed, so what am i missing here? During install, we selected all plugins for to be installed. Sybase OC is only listed as a stage under Database - Server.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Is it in the Stage Types branch of the Repository? If so, you can drag it from there to customize your Palette.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
hboekel
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by hboekel »

ray.wurlod wrote:Is it in the Stage Types branch of the Repository? If so, you can drag it from there to customize your Palette. ...
Looking at the Stage Types branch of the repository (in DS Designer), the Sybase OC is listed under the Sever - Database branch. I dragged that one to the Database Parallel group in the palette. However, when i create a parallel job, the Sybase OC stage is greyed out and cannot be used.

FYI: this is what i found in the WINEE.pdf document:

The only connectivity features included with release 7.5x2 for parallel jobs are:

These parallel stages:

Oracle parallel stages with 9i (Load, Upsert, Read, Lookup, Partition Read)
Oracle 10g parallel stage
ODBC parallel stage (new with this release, tested with the SQL Server)
SQL Server parallel stage (new with this release)
Teradata TeraRead, TeraWrite parallel stage, using TUF 6.1.1

These Plug-Ins:

IBM WebSphere MQ plug-in (available on separate media)
Pivot active stage plug-in
IBM DB2 8.1 API plug-in
IBM UDB 8.1 Bulk plug-in
Teradata Multi Load
Teradata API
Teradata Load
Stored Procedure Stage (Oracle 9i and Oracle 10g support only)
Dynamic Relational Stage (DRS)

This probably means Sybase OC is not yet avalaible for 7.5X2 EE for Windows. Is that a correct assumption?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It appears to be a correct assumption. Is Sybase an available option in the Dynamic RDBMS stage (DRS)? If so, this will use Sybase OC under the covers.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
hboekel
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by hboekel »

Yes, Sybase is listed in the DRS. Will check this option in more detail.

Thanks for your input.