Documentation for all the dscommands

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pavankvk
Participant

Documentation for all the dscommands

Post by pavankvk »

Hi,

where can i find the documentation for all the ds* commands like dsjob,dssearch,dsrecords etc. can i find all of them at one place in one single PDF documentation that comes with the tool?

TIA
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Should be in your online manuals available in you Client machine.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
pavankvk
Participant

Post by pavankvk »

there are many documents..which specific guide should i look at?i could find only dsjob in the server guide. was wondering if we can get all these commands information at one place.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Why do you want to look at the server guide if you need PX. I am not at PX site right, but commands like dsjob, dssearch should be in Designer or developers guide. I guess dsrecord is not documented in manuals, but it is avaialble in Orchestrate manuals.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
pavankvk
Participant

Post by pavankvk »

kumar_s wrote:Why do you want to look at the server guide if you need PX. I am not at PX site right, but commands like dsjob, dssearch should be in Designer or developers guide. I guess dsrecord is not documented in manuals, but it is avaialble in Orchestrate manuals.
thats because dsjob command is in the server job developers guide. i even looked at OEM manual.but couldnt find there.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

dsjob is also in the Parallel Job Advanced Developer's Guide though the material is identical to that in the Server Job Developer's Guide because dsjob is used in exactly the same way irrespective of job type.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.