copy stage is not working

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

syamv
Participant

Post by syamv »

Hi,

I am pulling data from a sequential file and using copy stage to copy the data to another seq file ( I tried the dataset too). But the data is not copied to the out put file.I could see data in the first seq file and then from copy stage no data is pushed to the output file.

Program is not aborted.

Let me know if any body can help me with this.

Thanks,
SV
Krazykoolrohit
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Krazykoolrohit »

did you see the logs in the director? any warnings there? i think your problem lies in the output sequential file. Copy stage is relatively easy to use with few settings
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Are you sure your looking at the correct sequential file/ data set?
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
Krazykoolrohit
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Krazykoolrohit »

DSguru2B wrote:Are you sure your looking at the correct sequential file/ data set?
I think hes talking about not being able to see any rows progressed in the job.

You are right, He never said anything about the seeing data in second sequential file. I assumed he must have tried to see it :-)
syamv
Participant

Post by syamv »

I put the dataset file as out put now data is populated but not for the sequential file yet?. But I could not see the data statistics on the output link from the first seq file ---> copy ----> datatset file. AIn all other places I am able to see the no of rows processed on the link.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Copy stage does not have the ability to drop rows. On what basis do you assert that "no data is pushed to the output file"?

Are there any "import failure" messages in the job log? Were any row counts reported?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
syamv
Participant

Post by syamv »

no there are no import failures and I could see the the empty file in unix directory.
Krazykoolrohit
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: copy stage is not working

Post by Krazykoolrohit »

syamv wrote:I put the dataset file as out put now data is populated but not for the sequential file yet?. But I could not see the data statistics on the output link from the first seq file ---> copy ----> datatset file. AIn all other places I am able to see the no of rows processed on the link.
As i Said you must have had warnigns in manager. Please post them here.

Try and create same file manually(use touch command in unix) to see if you have right permissions on the folder (use the same user id to login to the server as you used to login to datastage).
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Check if you have columns been mapped to the second link.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
Krazykoolrohit
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Krazykoolrohit »

kumar_s wrote:Check if you have columns been mapped to the second link.
:lol: lolz