xml output - not writing to file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vij
Participant

xml output - not writing to file

Post by vij »

Hi all

I am using the xml ouput stage in which i am writing the output to a file by specifying its path.but the file is not created in the specified path..

can any one throw some light on y the file is not created?
thebird
Participant

Re: xml output - not writing to file

Post by thebird »

vij wrote: I am using the xml ouput stage in which i am writing the output to a file by specifying its path.but the file is not created in the specified path..
Please provide more details. Does the log give any warnings?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Usually an XPath problem but it could be any number of things. Not even going to guess without more information from you. First thing to do is exactly what 'thebird' suggested - have you checked the job's log? Any messages there that may shed some light on the issue? :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
vij
Participant

Post by vij »

thanks for ur reply.Actually the expected number of records are loaded into the xml file, and so no warnings or fatal error had occurred, but these records are not wriiten into the file i specify on the options tab of the xml output stage.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

So were they written somewhere else, not written at all, or some other possibility? And how did you prove that?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

And how can they be 'loaded into the xml file' and yet not be written? Or does that mean the 'expected number of records' were written to the XML Ouput stage? :?
-craig

seshi.etl
Participant

Post by seshi.etl »

HI Vij,

Did you get any solustion for u r problem. bec i am also facing same problem.

if u get a solustion pls provide the solustion to me.

adv thanks
seshi
vij wrote:Hi all

I am using the xml ouput stage in which i am writing the output to a file by specifying its path.but the file is not created in the specified path..

dearkriss
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dearkriss »

Iam facing the same problem.My output file is not getting created at the path Iam specifying in xml output stage.And job finishes successfully with out any errors and not giving much information in the logs...

Can some one pls help me out.

Thank You.
seshi.etl wrote:HI Vij,

Did you get any solustion for u r problem. bec i am also facing same problem.

if u get a solustion pls provide the solustion to me.

adv thanks
seshi
vij wrote:Hi all

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

:!: Start your own thread, don't jump on the end of someone else's. That way we know your particulars. Do a better job of explaining what your job looks like in this new thread and what you are actually seeing or not seeing.

For example, do you get no file whatsoever or only an empty output file? What settings are you using in the stage? Are there any messages in the log from that stage, perhaps complaining about your XPath expressions? Note these may not be warnings, but just informational messages. The more information, the better!
-craig

dearkriss
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dearkriss »

Iam sorry Craig I was going through the forums and I found this similar problem Iam facing and I posted it right here.
Thank You for the Advice.

Start your own thread, don't jump on the end of someone else's. That way we know your particulars. Do a better job of explaining what your job looks like in this new thread and what you are actually seeing or not seeing.

For example, do you get no file whatsoever or only an empty output file? What settings are you using in the stage? Are there any messages in the log from that stage, perhaps complaining about your XPath expressions? Note these may not be warnings, but just informational messages. The more information, the better![/quote]
vick
Participant

Post by vick »

Folks you mite want to include the Xpath (also known as the Description field) on the XML_Output_Stage Input/Columns tab..

HTH

[quote]vij wrote:
Hi all

can any one throw some light on y the file is not created? [/quote]