Unix giving Error while extracting records from SAP

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ambasta
Participant

Unix giving Error while extracting records from SAP

Post by ambasta »

Hi Friends,
Am getting error like,
EXT_V_IBIN_SYVAL,0: Operator terminated abnormally: received signal SIGSEGV [processmgr/rtpexecutil.C:161]

While extracting from SAP
-Job gets aborted after passing 40 lacs record
-My Source is = SAP nearly 1 crore records
-Target = Sequential file
-OS = Unix

Kindly give a suggestion Thanks in advance
ambasta
skokanay
Participant

Re: Unix giving Error while extracting records from SAP

Post by skokanay »

Which data transfer method you are using while extracting the records from SAP using R/3 extract packs?

CPIC or FTP

If CPIC is used it may abort the job because of the time out issue for the large volume of data , because the ABAP program here is made to run in foreground, the job may abort if it crosses the threshold time limit set for foreground processes.

Try using FTP in ABAP extract stage , here u have a option of scheduling the program in background. which may solve your problem.

If still the problem persists check the size limit of the target sequential file
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

This is an OS level error message. Do an exact search on "received signal SIGSEGV " and you will find many posts on this. Here is a starter
viewtopic.php?t=97272&highlight=received+signal+SIGSEGV
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
mansoor_nb
Participant

Post by mansoor_nb »

I also agree with DSGuru2B,but when you are using the ABAP Extract stage to extract the records which are more than 2 Million(Large Volume) one should use FTP method in the ABAP Extract stage instead of CPIC method.

I also faced this problem long back and when i used FTP method instead of CPIC the problem got resolved.

What Skokanay is suggested is absolutely right.