Re-Build Repository

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pxlearn
Participant

Re-Build Repository

Post by pxlearn »

Hi Experts,

Version :DS Enterprise Edition 7.5.1 A
Platform :Unix

Please help me to re build the ds repository..
Actually some of the jobs got corrupted in my project hence i issued a command Reindex all and its running too long and aborted in between and not able to see any of the jobs in my project. I need help on re build the ds repository

Thanks,
Thanks ,
Pxlearn
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

The reindex command requires exclusive access to whatever it is indexing. You may have corrupted the hashed file you are trying to reindex. If so then the reindex command will never work. Try this command:

Code: Select all

COUNT DS_JOBS
COUNT DS_JOBOBJECTS
If you can count these hashed files then maybe they are not corrupt. If they are corrupt then you need to delete the project and create a new one then import all the jobs. I hope you have a full export.
Mamu Kim
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

But first suggest you make sure you have exclusive access (which is required or it will not work) to DataStage and then retry the reindex command. Do so by stopping and restating DataStage, then run your command while you're still alone. Far simpler than starting over again.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
pxlearn
Participant

Post by pxlearn »

I can see both the counts please help me to revert back..

Thanks,
kduke wrote:The reindex command requires exclusive access to whatever it is indexing. You may have corrupted the hashed file you are trying to reindex. If so then the reindex command will never work. Try this command:

Code: Select all

COUNT DS_JOBS
COUNT DS_JOBOBJECTS
If you can count these hashed files then maybe they are not corrupt. If they are corrupt then you need to delete the project and create a new one then import all the jobs. I hope you have a full export.
Thanks ,
Pxlearn
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

:? Kim specifically said that seeing 'both counts' should mean they are not corrupt, so no need to 'revert back' unless you are just crazy bored and looking for hours of work.

Retry the reindex as noted... with exclusive access to DataStage.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Search the forum for a post on using uvbackup command to determine whether any of the Repository tables is corrupted. If they are not, then you can safely proceed with the reindexing. If they are, then your recovery process will be a lot tougher - it may be worth deleting the project then restoring from backup.

And, just in case the others have not stressed it enough, you must have exclusive access to the project when doing these administrative tasks.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.