compilation problem

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vij
Participant

compilation problem

Post by vij »

hi all,

I am compling a job which used to take 3 or 4 min in the past, now takes about an hour to complie, the only change is the name of the file.

and also not much transformations or derivations are involded in the job. is this some other problem?

is there anyway i can stop the compilation process?

help me pls..
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Is it the same status for other jobs? Is it the same on other machine?
Have you tried command line compile, will it take the same time? Was your server busy with something else by the time you complied the job?
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
vij
Participant

Re: compilation problem

Post by vij »

vij wrote:hi all,

I am compling a job which used to take 3 or 4 min in the past, now takes about an hour to complie, the only change is the name of the file.

and also not much transformations or derivations are involded in the job. is this some other problem?

is there anyway i can stop the compilation process?

help me pls..
I aborted the process , i mean the desinger then it worked... now compliation is done and the job is running .... in the previous run i have aborted the running of the job... is this where the prblem is?
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Might be due to lack of log access during the period.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Clear the status file, clear the log, make sure their size remains in check. Make a copy of that job and delete the original one. compile the second job. And btw, there is no command line compile, i believe Kumar was referring to resetting the job.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

I was refferring to dscc. Search for the same.
vij
Participant

Post by vij »

kumar_s wrote:Is it the same status for other jobs? Is it the same on other machine?
Have you tried command line compile, will it take the same time? Was your server busy with something else by the time you complied the job?
how to run the job using command line? wats the syntax?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

From what I recall from this forum, delays like that can sometimes be attributed to multiple simultaneous compilation requests. The default license may only allow a single compile to occur at a time so subsequent requests 'queue up'.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

how to run the job using command line? wats the syntax?
Are you focused on compiling or running the job. dsjob command is used to run the job from command line. Type dsjob, you will get the list of attributes that need to be passed.