replacing an empty value in the datastage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

us1aslam1us
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by us1aslam1us »

I know dude you are getting squares but we need to figure out what they resembles. So have a peek at the file thru cygwin,ultraedit or whichever is available to you.

Thanks
Sam
kirankota79
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kirankota79 »

i have some thousands of such small squares in my file. Is there any way to replace all with a space in one go with HEXEDITOR?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Tell us what they are, what the hex values are that you are seeing.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kirankota79
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kirankota79 »

when i opened the file with ultraedit, iam seeing only spaces instead of those squares. I am not able to find how to see the HEX value there.
narasimha
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by narasimha »

Not sure of Ultraedit, but with XVI32 you can do the below.
As Craig said let us know the corresponding value.

Guess...
In your file do you have these small squares occurring in pairs, they could be '0D 0A' (carriage returns)
Open the file in a XVI32, you can see the HEX value of all the characters.
Do a "Replace All" of "0D 0A" with a space (Or whatever you want it to be)
Narasimha Kade

Finding answers is simple, all you need to do is come up with the correct questions.
kirankota79
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kirankota79 »

I have replaced the squares with space from HEX editor, but after i save from the editor the data is missing in the file, but it is showing file size correctly. Is there anything to save the file correctly.
kirankota79
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kirankota79 »

sorry i have the data...but iam getting the whole data into a single row. It doesnot look like the one before replacement. Is there any way to keep it like that.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Sounds like you successfully replaced all the record terminators with spaces. Return to the original file.
What is the value of the record terminator property in the Sequential File stage? If it is UNIX style, try setting the final delimiter property to \r
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kirankota79
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kirankota79 »

previoulsy i have used delimiter none, i think that is the reason data is comming in a single row. but now i changed to delimiter=end and i am getting the error

Field "WFAC_PASSWORD" with 'delim=end' did not consume entire input, at offset: 227
Personnel,0: Field "WFAC_PASSWORD" with 'delim=end' did not consume entire input, at offset: 307
Personnel,0: Field "WFAC_PASSWORD" with 'delim=end' did not consume entire input, at offset: 234
Personnel,0: Field "WFAC_PASSWORD" with 'delim=end' did not consume entire input, at offset: 313
Personnel,0: Import complete. 0 records imported successfully, 23395 rejected.
Sequential_File_15,0: Export complete. 0 records exported successfully, 0 rejected.

i have the problem with only this column. this is the last column of the file. it look everything is fine in the file. Can u please tell me the reason?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What is the data type of WFAC_PASSWORD? Is it encrypted? Does the encrypted version contain binary characers (in particular 0x0a or 0x0d)?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.