Number of rows in a data set

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

abc123
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by abc123 »

Yes, the same id.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Go to your dsenv file in $DSHOME and make a backup copy for it.
VI the dsenv file and add the following to SHLIB_PATH

Code: Select all

SHLIB_PATH=/home/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/PXEngine/lib:SHLIB_PATH; export SHLIB_PATH
save it and then execute it as follows

. ./dsenv
then try the following

$APT_ORCHHOME/bin/dsrecords myfile.ds
That should work.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
abc123
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by abc123 »

I know this is little bit old but I am trying to do this now. Can anyone tell me where in dsenv file I should put this SHLIB_PATH? Can it be anywhere?
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

You can put it anywhere. For now, take a back of the dsenv file as i suggested earlier and put that line at the end. Save it and then execute it.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It's possible that DSHOME is not set, in which case cd $DSHOME will put you in your home directory, which is not where you want/need to be. After the cd command, issue a pwd command to determine to which directory you are currently attached.

:idea: If you're going to do a lot of work at the server command prompt, edit your .profile file to set DSHOME and to execute the $DSHOME/dsenv script.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
abc123
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by abc123 »

My dsenv file does not have a SHLIB_PATH. There is a LD_LIBRARY_PATH. Am I getting this error due to not having SHLIB_PATH in my dsenv file?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If you are getting "command not found" the problem lies with your PATH environment variable - not SHLIB_PATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH or anything else.

Fix that first. It needs to include $APT_ORCHHOME/bin.
Of course, you must have previously set APT_ORCHHOME, or hard code the pathname in PATH.

You will also need to have APT_CONFIG_FILE set, since a Data Set is tied in some sense (number of nodes) to the configuration file in use when it was created.

Executing the $DSHOME/dsenv script (assuming DSHOME is set, see my earlier post) should correctly set LD_LIBRARY_PATH. You will learn whether this is so if executing dsrecords generates a message indicating that a file whose name ends in ".so" is not found.

But get PATH fixed first.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

abc123 wrote:My dsenv file does not have a SHLIB_PATH. There is a LD_LIBRARY_PATH. Am I getting this error due to not having SHLIB_PATH in my dsenv file?
NO. You need either one of those. If your on HP-UX only then you will need SHLIB_PATH. I think the rest of the platforms use LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

... except for the ones that use LIBPATH

But the initial problem is with PATH, not with any of these.