conversion warning :---decimal_from_string data lost

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ajmore
Participant

conversion warning :---decimal_from_string data lost

Post by ajmore »

Hi All :D ,

I am getting the following warning during conversion of a string(9) to decimal(9)....I am using StringToDecimal(colName) function in transformer Stage.

:!: t3xfrmIIINQ0,2: Conversion error calling conversion routine decimal_from_string data may have been lost.

Can anybody suggest a workaround as i have to use a transformer only and also cannot increase my datatype length...

Thanks in advance for Help.......
ajith
Participant

Re: conversion warning :---decimal_from_string data lost

Post by ajith »

ajmore wrote:Hi All :D ,

I am getting the following warning during conversion of a string(9) to decimal(9)....I am using StringToDecimal(colName) function in transformer Stage.

:!: t3xfrmIIINQ0,2: Conversion error calling conversion routine decimal_from_string data may have been lost.

Can anybody suggest a workaround as i have to use a transformer only and also cannot increase my datatype length...

Thanks in advance for Help.......
Why cant u trim the record for spaces and then convert it ...

I dont know whether it is mandatory .. will help u in case of leading n trailing spaces causing the problem

Code: Select all

StringToDecimal(TrimLeadingTrailing(colName))
That should helpf ur data is good
ajmore
Participant

Post by ajmore »

Hi...
I had applied the Trim function to the Col..previously only.. now also tried for TrimLeadingTrailing but again it is showing the same warnings...
ajith
Participant

Post by ajith »

ajmore wrote:Hi...
I had applied the Trim function to the Col..previously only.. now also tried for TrimLeadingTrailing but again it is showing the same warnings...

Are you sure that your data is valid ...

Can u check the rows u are having a problem and find out whether the data is fine
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It's really an informational message that you seem always to get with decimal_from_string() even when the conversion will always be good; use a message handler to demote it to informational.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.