Looping

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

DS1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DS1 »

hello jgreve
- The starting month say eg - may , gets data from source table and that is adirect insert. however the other previous months use derived data from its preious month to get its data.
the data will be in dataset . please tel how / what do u mean by custom query.

hello DSguru2B
- please tel me how do i put ''DSRunJob command within a loop that counts backwards untill it hits Jan''' without having looping stages. are you indicating 'nested condition' stage?

hello ray,
what do u mean by job control code?? you idea sounds cool , but i donot know whats and hows and wheres of what you are saying.

please help

thanks

DS1
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

What i meant was to code the Job Control as Ray indicated and put a loop in it. Search this forum for sample Job Control's.
A sequence is basically a Job Control. The only difference is that its all GUI. When you build a sequence, the DSEngine builds the Job Control in the back end.
If you are comfortable with unix. You can do this via unix as well.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
DS1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DS1 »

seems like i got what you are trying to say ..

thanks for all the help

DS1