COMPLEX FLAT FILE STAGE IN GRID

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

santoshkumar
Charter Member
Charter Member

COMPLEX FLAT FILE STAGE IN GRID

Post by santoshkumar »

Hi,

I am reading an EBCIDIC file and loading to a dataset.I tested the job on SMP system it is takeing one minute but when i do the same on DS 7.5.1A GRID box job takes 10 minutes.

how can i improve the performance.It is fixed width file.

Any help is appreciated.
Santosh
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Does the file have 10 records? What is your grid configuration - how many nodes and how are they interconnected?
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

Santosh,
The best person to answer your problem is the person who sets up the GRID in your shop. Also, when you said that the job ran on the GRID took 10 minutes to finish, did you get that information from the GRID Resouce Manager?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What speed do you get if you run on a one-node configuration on the conductor node?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
santoshkumar
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by santoshkumar »

How can i make the job to run on the conductor node i.e any environment variable value to be added or any variable to be added to job
Santosh
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You use a configuration file that makes reference to this node (as a fastname) and puts it in the conductor node pool. You set APT_CONFIG_FILE to point to this configuration file. Then you visit the Advanced tab in the stage and select the conductor node pool.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.