Generic Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bhargava129189
Participant

Generic Stage

Post by bhargava129189 »

Has any one used a generic stage.
What is an Orchestrate Operator?
how do i use a generic stage?

If at all there are any methods to write code at Orchestarte level, where will i find help for that.
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by I_Server_Whale »

This post is in the wrong place. This is a Server Edition forum. You could get a quicker answer by deleting the post here and post it in the parallel/EE forum at this URL
Anything that won't sell, I don't want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility, and utility is success.
Author: Thomas A. Edison 1847-1931, American Inventor, Entrepreneur, Founder of GE
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

He cannot delete his post anymore once it has trailing posts.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by I_Server_Whale »

Good Catch ! :wink:
Anything that won't sell, I don't want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility, and utility is success.
Author: Thomas A. Edison 1847-1931, American Inventor, Entrepreneur, Founder of GE
thebird
Participant

Re: Generic Stage

Post by thebird »

bhargava129189 wrote: Has any one used a generic stage.
What is an Orchestrate Operator?
how do i use a generic stage?
If at all there are any methods to write code at Orchestarte level, where will i find help for that.
Bhargava,

The answers to your questions -

1. Yes people have used the Generic Stage.
2. Search for Orchestrate in this forum, and you'll get a load of posts detailing Orchestrate.
3. Like any other stages are used - in the job. The usage of this stage has been explained in the Parallel Job Developer's Guide. There is a chapter on this. But before using this - you would need to know what Orchestrate and Orchestrate operators are?

You will also get information on the Orchestrate Manuals (which are different from the DS manuals and gives more details on Orchestrate, its operators and orchestrate coding) form the search.