How to abort the sequence

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Sreedhar
Participant

How to abort the sequence

Post by Sreedhar »

I have a sequence job which is callling 3 jobs in sequence. I have specified a OK condition on the first job activity trigger. When trying to run the sequence, the first job is finishing with warnings and even the sequence finishes with warnings ( It doesnt run the other two jobs in the sequence though!)

Is there any way to abort the sequence if any of the job activities finish with warnings!

Or how do i abort a job based on the job run status
Regards,
Shree
785-816-0728
thebird
Participant

Post by thebird »

You can set a conditional Trigger to "warnings" and then link this trigger to a Terminator Activity - which will then abort the job.
DSer
Participant

Post by DSer »

Do an exact search on "abort a job" you get many results.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

As mentioned, search will give you many results. But why do you want to abort the sequence if it has stoped executing the rest of the Jobs?
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: How to abort the sequence

Post by chulett »

Sreedhar wrote:Is there any way to abort the sequence if any of the job activities finish with warnings!
The answer depends on your version of DataStage. For 7.5.x all you have to do enable the option to 'Automatically handle activities that fail'. If all you have is an 'OK (Conditional)' trigger then anything other than OK will be considered a failure and it will abort the Sequence. Combine that with the 'Add Checkpoints' option if you want to be able to pick up from the point of failure automatically.

For earlier versions it is a little bit more complicated.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers