ORALCE REJECTS

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sendmk
Charter Member
Charter Member

ORALCE REJECTS

Post by sendmk »

Hi
I am using Oracle Stage in 7.5.1.A almost 130765 records are getting rejected from TARGET ORACLE Stage can any one help me on this.
I am doing user defined upset (insert and load) method.

bye
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

:? How can we help with so little information? Why are they getting rejected? Why are you doing user-defined? That way only leads to the Dark Side...
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
thebird
Participant

Re: ORALCE REJECTS

Post by thebird »

sendmk wrote:Hi
I am using Oracle Stage in 7.5.1.A almost 130765 records are getting rejected from TARGET ORACLE Stage can any one help me on this.
I am doing user defined upset (insert and load) method.

bye
Tried capturing the rejects through a reject link from the target stage? If so whats the error code tell?
sendmk
Charter Member
Charter Member

ORACLE REJECTS

Post by sendmk »

Hi

My question was what might be the reason for rejection in general

here i am updating the old record and inserting the new using Update and Insert Method

Thanks
sendmk
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: ORALCE REJECTS

Post by sendmk »

Hi

The records are already there in the DB instead them being updated they are getting rejected here.

thanx..
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Details, man, details. Not knowing what you are doing makes it really hard to offer constructive help. All we know is they are not getting updated, so it sounds like you are inserting (instead? first?) and that is failing due to a unique constraint being violated more than likely.

Post details of your job design. Post your user-defined sql. Post the actual errors you are seeing. Post anything you think would help people help you.
-craig

kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

The general reason can be many. Majorly Unique constraints violation, metadata mismatch or condition based rejects.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
sendmk
Charter Member
Charter Member

ORACLE REJECTS.

Post by sendmk »

Hi Kumar,

Really thanx for the information can you please let me know is there any Env Var to increase the Commit Interval in oracle Stage and how to do that while using Oracle stage in DS 7.5.1A PX and what extractly Insert Array Size does.

Regards
Srireddy.
sendmk
Charter Member
Charter Member

ORACLE STAGE.

Post by sendmk »

Hi

I was just asking the general reason why the rejections happen at ORACLE STAGE END. Can u pls tell me how to increase the commit interval in oracle stage.

Thanx
sendmk.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Ok. They don't generally happen at the Oracle stage, per se - they happen inside your database and can be captured in the Oracle stage if you like. Any operation that results in an Oracle error - and Kumar noted there are many - like constraint violations (unique, value or FK), metadata mismatches (invalid number, precision), database failures (tablespace, media, locks) etc,e tc. There's a large loverly manual just chock full of 'em you could get from your DBA if you like. :wink:

In the Server product, the DataStage Engine can do some metadata based 'pre-qualification' of information just before it ships it off, all in an effort to avoid Oracle errors coming from the database. For example, if your metadata says a Varchar field is 80 characters and it finds 82 characters in it, it will truncate the string and log a warning but still send the record to Oracle. This regardless of the actual size of the Oracle field and if 82 would have fit - the metadata is your Bible. I'm not sure if the PX version of the stage attempts to do the same but I would think it happens in some fashion.

For the 'commit interval' question, this has been asked and answered a number of times. There are APT variables you can set that a Search of the forum will turn up - one for commit INTERVAL and one for commit FREQUENCY, from what I recall.

The 'Insert Array Size' would be exactly that - the size of the array used for the inserts. In other words, the number of insert operations (or collection of records) sent at the same time to Oracle.
-craig

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If nothing else, post the text of any warning that appears in the job log. At least we get a shot at narrowing down the possible cause. Oracle has over 8000 different error codes, if I recall correctly.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ajith
Participant

Re: ORACLE REJECTS.

Post by ajith »

sendmk wrote:Hi Kumar,

Really thanx for the information can you please let me know is there any Env Var to increase the Commit Interval in oracle Stage and how to do that while using Oracle stage in DS 7.5.1A PX and what extractly Insert Array Size does.

Regards
Srireddy.

APT_ORAUPSERT_COMMIT_ROW_INTERVAL
APT_ORAUPSERT_COMMIT_TIME_INTERVAL

are the environment variables used to increase the commit interval in Oracle stage. Setting these to lower values may affect the performance, you have to strike a balance there.

Hope this would help

Ajith