Configuring ODBC connection

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

speedsterrules
Participant

Configuring ODBC connection

Post by speedsterrules »

I am trying to setup a connection from our DS Server (7.5.1) to SQL Server 2000 db. Since we do not have a direct driver, I am using ODBC to set up the connection.

I have gone through the documentation provided with DS. Can anyone please list down any information or problems they encountered which I need to take care of to make the connection ?

Thanks
gbusson
Participant

Post by gbusson »

the documentation is updated. follow the instructions.

I 've set up connections several times and it worked. No special problems.
speedsterrules
Participant

Post by speedsterrules »

Thanks for your reply. I have the db Server Name, login information and port numbers. Do you think I would need any additional information ?
gbusson
Participant

Post by gbusson »

no.

Moreover, there are examples of .odbc.ini files. follow the instructions, this is quite easy
speedsterrules
Participant

Post by speedsterrules »

thanks .. that helped .. Can we create a connection to SQL Server 2005 from DS 7.5.1 ?
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

Hi,
SQL Server 2005 is not certified with DS 7.5.1A and especially you are going to have problems with ODBC Enterprise Stage and DRS Stage. However, I was told by IBM/Ascential technical support to upgrade the DataDirect ODBC drivers to version 5.2 as a workaround.
speedsterrules
Participant

Post by speedsterrules »

thanks for the information. I have got the .odbc.ini file setup. What do I need to add in the dsenv file ?