Max number of columns readable thru' ODBC

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

deployDS
Premium Member
Premium Member

Max number of columns readable thru' ODBC

Post by deployDS »

Hi,

I have a mainframe source with 2287 columns. We use iWay connector to extract mainframe data and read from iWay connector through an ODBC stage. The job is working fine as long as the number of columns is <=1024. If I try to read 1025 columns, it gives me the following error:

[IBI][EDA]General ODBC Error (Eda error 5: EDA END OF SET) 'Srv Error Msg 5: 'THE NUMBER OF VERB OBJECTS EXCEEDS THE MAXIMUM' (11.103)

I've read through previous posts on this topic that mentioned MAXFETCHCOLS (default=400) and MAXFETCHBUFF(default=8192). I do not have any preset values for these variables in my configuration file. And 1024 does not fall in any of the default values.

Can anyone offer me any suggestions about how to read all the columns successfully?

Thanks!
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Sounds like your error is actually coming from the IWay Connector and not ODBC itself. So perhaps that's a limitation of that particular product or a setting there? :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Why not put MAXFETCHCOLS=2500 into your uvodbc.config file, at least for this particular data source? You'll probably need a larger MAXFETCHBUFF as well.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.