Input column disabled for lookup stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

johnthomas
Participant

Input column disabled for lookup stage

Post by johnthomas »

Hi , I have a job which has 6 lookup stages , But in some of the lookup stages the input columns option is disabled . Since this is required for setting the lookup condition , any clue what i am missing out here?
JT
Krazykoolrohit
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Krazykoolrohit »

mark the columns you want to lookup on as KEYS in the schema.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Lookup keys are disabled in the Lookup stage (a) when the reference input link is fed from a Lookup File Set stage or (b) when the reference input link is fed from a directly-connected DB2 Enterprise or Oracle Enterprise stage. In both these cases the key is already known. The stream input link must have a key column that matches.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
johnthomas
Participant

Post by johnthomas »

I use Oracle enterprise stage , and it works for some which has a reference link , i have checked the keys for the lookup in all the cases
??
JT
johnthomas
Participant

Post by johnthomas »

I now resolved the problem by removing the link and attaching the link back again with input link first to be attached to lookup stage and then the reference link. I thought Datastage is smart to handle that,but does not work that way :x
JT
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You could simply have right clicked on the link and chosen Convert to Reference then on the other and chosen Convert to Stream.

DataStage can not read your mind!
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.