User Status

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Raftsman
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Raftsman »

Hopefully my last question for this topic. I created a server job that reads from DB2 into a transformer stage variable. The value is stored in the userstatus through a routine. Because I don't have an output area defined, I receive errors. How can I get around this without writing to output. Is there a dummy stage I can use to fool DS.

Thanks
narasimha
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by narasimha »

You could write it to sequential file with the file name as /dev/null if it was in unix. You need to figure out what is the equivalent in the windows world.
Narasimha Kade

Finding answers is simple, all you need to do is come up with the correct questions.
narasimha
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by narasimha »

Looks like the equivalent of /dev/null on unix is NUL on dos. I have not checked though.
Narasimha Kade

Finding answers is simple, all you need to do is come up with the correct questions.
Raftsman
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Raftsman »

Well I thought it was going to be simple. I coded the following line in the Transformer Stage variable and it didn't like it.

Derivation Stage Variable

StageName.$UserStatus + @NUMPARTITIONS >>>>> svCounter

It can find StageName.$UserStatus

STageName = Transformer_200

I wish the manual had more examples. It would make life much simpler
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Activity variables (such as $UserStatus) are only accessible in job sequences. You can use it to provide a parameter value to a job parameter in a Job activity. You can not access it directly within the job itself.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.