DataStage jobs are not visible in the Designer

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sumesh.abraham
Participant

DataStage jobs are not visible in the Designer

Post by sumesh.abraham »

In a particular project,no jobs are visible in the repository of DataStage designer. Please let me know the cause for this abnormal behaviour.

Thanks in advance
Sumesh
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

More than likely, the repository indexes are corrupt. Do an exact search of the site for DS.REINDEX ALL for the procedure to follow.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
sumesh.abraham
Participant

SELECT COUNT(*) FROM DS_JOBOBJECTS not working

Post by sumesh.abraham »

Thanks for the info. Before performing DS.REINDEX ALL,i tried executing the command SELECT COUNT(*) FROM DS_JOBOBJECTS in the DS Administrator. It shows SQL+. Similiar is the result for SELECT * FROM DS_JOBS as well. Can i close all the sessions and execute DS.REINDEX ALL now.

Thanks
Sumesh
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

It shows "SQL+" because it is asking for the rest of your statement... you need a semi-colon at the end of the statement to get it to actually run.

You need to ensure ALL connections are closed before running the reindex command or you are wasting your time. Best to do this by shutting the DataStage server down, waiting for all ports to clear, then restarting it... after that, do the reindex. Do you have an ETL 'admin' there that can help you will all that?
-craig

sumesh.abraham
Participant

Post by sumesh.abraham »

Thanks for the info. The SELECT statement works fine now. DS.REINDEX ALL command can be executed now as per the procedure stated by you.

Thanks
Sumesh
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

sumesh.abraham wrote:DS.REINDEX ALL command can be executed now as per the procedure stated by you.
You seem to have skipped all the other parts of what little of a 'procedure as stated by me' exists in this thread. Where did I tell you to query anything? :?

Oh well, at least you can't make your problem any worse.
-craig

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Wanna bet? DS.REINDEX ALL with connected users can make things worse - you can guarantee that the index is emptied!
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Only reason I said that was because it was already empty. :wink:
-craig